Halfords is the UK’s leading retailer of automotive, cycling and leisure products, stocking over 9,000 individual items.
With a complex multi-channel digital footprint, Halfords needed a best-in-class digital strategy that could drive both their overall margin revenue and grow traffic. With more than 15 years retail multi-channel experience, we understood that the challenge was to be able to take their existing digital channels and get them working more cohesively.
We recommended a performance related remuneration structure that evidenced our backing of the new focused strategy.
Fusion Unlimited took over the management of paid search, SEO, Product Listing Ads (PLAs) and affiliates and immediately began working alongside Halfords attribution software partners to understand exactly where each channel was contributing to basket profitability.
The paid search and PLA accounts were completely restructured to increase granularity and relevance. A full SEO technical audit, keyword mapping exercise and content marketing campaigns were undertaken to drive non–brand organic visibility around core retail pillars.
Key affiliates were migrated to Fusion Unlimited’s private platform where we could directly liaise and share objectives and expectations for the following year.
- 75% growth in visitors and 142% improvement in PPC ROI
- 40+ targeted content pieces produced to support non-brand SEO
- 70% of target keywords now appearing on the first page of natural search
- 40% reduction in CPCs and 26% growth in ROI within first 4 weeks of PLA restructure
- 14% increase in visits and 30% increase in affiliate revenue year on year across Black Friday / Cyber weekend
- Nominated for Best Retail Marketing Campaign in 2016 Online Retail Awards (announced Sept)
How can we help you?
If you have a brief then we'd love to help. Please give us a call or drop us a line today.